The Mumbai High Court on Wednesday granted significant relief to actor Shilpa Shetty’s husband and businessman, Raj Kundra, in a case on behalf of the Mumbai Cyber Police. In the case recorded by the cyber police, the court has granted provisional protection for a week since his arrest. The case was registered against Raj Kundra by the Mumbai Cyber Police last year.
In 2020, based on a complaint, Raj Kundra was accused of posting obscene videos in addition to his web series on some online platforms. After which the Mumbai Cyber Police registered a case against Shilpa Shetty’s husband. According to the news from the ANI news agency, the Bombay High Court granted interim relief to Raj Kundra and has maintained his early bail statement for the hearing next Wednesday, August 25.
A single judge bench of Judge Sandeep K Shinde was listening to Raj Kundra’s advance bail statement. Which was filed after an FIR in 2020. At the same time, let us tell you that businessman Raj Kundra is currently in jail for making obscene films. On Tuesday, after ending his judicial custody, he appeared before a court of sessions in Mumbai, where the bail hearing was postponed until 20 August.
According to media reports, the crime branch told the court 19 reasons against Kundra’s bail, after which the court suspended the hearing. As reported by Mid-Day, the criminal branch told the court that Raj Kundra was not cooperating in the investigation and his investigation was still ongoing. There is still a lot of evidence to collect. In addition, witnesses and victims come to record their statements.
Police told the court that their investigation has determined that Kundra was operating the Hotshots app in which blue films were being uploaded via London-registered Kenrin Ltd. This company is said to be in the name of Kundra’s brother-in-law, Pradeep Bakshi. Pradeep has also been found wanted in this case. The defense attorney sought time to respond to the submissions from the criminal branch, after which the hearing was postponed until August 20.
At the same time, according to the PTI news agency, the police opposed the bail and told the court that it would send the wrong message to society. At the same time, after obtaining bail, the defendant can commit the crime again or even flee. On the other hand, in the bond statement in favor of Kundra, it has been said that the police had presented the charge sheet in April and his name was not on it and neither was his name in the FIR regarding this case. Those whose names are on the charge sheet have bail. The petition said that the trial court had made a mistake in rejecting the bond.
Significantly, in the case of the pornographic film, Raj Kundra was arrested by the Mumbai Police Crimes Section on the night of July 19. Previously, he was sent into police custody until July 23, which lasted until July 27. On July 27, the court sent Raj and Ryan into judicial custody for 14 days, which ended on August 10. During the last hearing, the session court had asked the prosecution to present its response. For the time being, Raj and Ryan will remain in judicial custody.